Bar Modelling is a cornerstone to the maths mastery approach. It accelerates learning by offering children and young people a visual method of learning and problem solving. This course explores how to use Bar Modelling as a bridge between concrete and abstract methods and gives delegates the skills and confidence to compose their own bar models.
You do not have to be considering a mastery curriculum to benefit as this method can be used to teach a range of mathematical concepts effectively.
Some of the key topics that this training covers include:
• An overview of Bar Modelling and how this powerful approach works.
• How you can prepare students for use of the Bar Modelling approach.
• Extensive examples of how Bar Modelling can be used to help students plan how to solve complex worded problems.
• How Bar Modelling can stretch and challenge your high attaining students.
• Extensive opportunities for you to try your hand at Bar Modelling and understand how to use it in the classroom.
This is an intense one day course designed to allow you to use Bar Modelling with confidence in your classroom.
Price: £149+ VAT, plus 25% discount for second delegates. This course counts as a six hour session for season ticket holders.
Dates and locations:
Thursday 5 October 2017 – Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Thursday 12 October 2017 – Novotel, Southampton
Thursday 9 November 2017 – Ibis, Birmingham New Street
Thursday 16 November 2017 – Novotel, Stevanage
Thursday 7 December 2017 – Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel
Thursday 18 January 2018 – Novotel, London Blackfriars